I'm Stuck, But It's Okay

 I am in a period of waiting—waiting to see what the Lord has next for my journey of life. Things have changed a lot for me recently, and I am about to enter a new season of life. The problem is that I have no idea what that new season is going to look like. The book that I have written has been submitted to publishers, and all I can do is wait. My role at my job has changed, and I am uncertain of my role moving forward. I don't have answers to either one of those very big parts of my life, and so I wait.

I have to admit that the waiting has made me feel stuck. I am in this place where I can't move forward until I get answers to what comes next. But the timing of those answers is out of my hands, and so I wait. What I found myself asking was, "What do I do in the waiting?" I know that God does not call us to be idle and just sit around twiddling our thumbs. So what do I do?

The answer I found was way simpler than I could ever imagine. As I was reading Scripture, trying to figure out what people in the Bible did as they waited for the Lord, I was stunned by the simplicity—just live life. I found this great blog post from "Daily She Pursues" by Shante Grosset entitled "5 Practical Things to Do While Waiting on God." In her post, she quotes from Jeremiah 29:5-6; 10, 14 (ESV):

Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce. Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there and do not decrease..."For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place...I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

In the article mentioned above, which you can read at https://dailyshepursues.com/practical-things-waiting-on-god/, she has some wonderful, practical advice on just what to do while you wait. But as I read through the blog post and Scripture, all I kept hearing from the Lord was, "Just live." Simply wake up every day with no agenda, and instead of worrying about what you are going to do, let the Lord bring the day to you. Take each moment as it comes and allow God to hold the future.

Matthew 6:34 has become my life verse, Here, Jesus tells us:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I have decided to live this way. I will live for today, and let the future be God's. So what do I do while I wait? I live. I soak in the moments with family and friends, I go to work and fulfill my duties in ways that honor the Lord, I build and rebuild friendships, and I soak in quiet time. I just let the day happen, and live each moment as it comes.

So yes, I still feel stuck, but it's okay. God's got this.

Comments

Popular Posts