You Are Worth It

 I recently shared a post on my personal Facebook page about people's opinions of me. It said, "I used to feel like my side of the story needed to be told to keep facts right. Now I don't care what story you choose to believe." This post was not meant to be rude or condescending in any way, but to portray that, if you know your worth before God, the approval of man doesn't matter.

You see, if you have accepted Christ as your personal Savior, God looks at you, even with all of your imperfections, and He sees holiness. You are not only covered by the blood of Jesus, you are IN Christ, completely wrapped up in Him. That makes you a child of God, precious in His sight, and nobody's opinion of you can steal that away.

Let's take a look at a few Scriptures that show just how much you mean to God. Meditate on each one and ask the Lord to reveal to your heart how much He values you.

1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV) - "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." God knows your heart, and if you are in Christ, He knows that. No, we aren't perfect, but as children of God, we are cherished, and the Lord doesn't worry about what people think of us. He only cares about our relationship with Him—our heart.

Psalm 139:1-4 (NIV) - "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord." Read this entire Psalm to grasp just how well God knows you, but realize this - He knows you better than you know yourself! He created you, and He loves you deeply.

Matthew 10:29-31 (NIV) - "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." This is one of my favorite Scriptures to turn to when I start to doubt my worth. Jesus holds me in His hands, and nothing can happen to me unless He allows it. Back to Psalm 139, He watches all my ways. I don't have to worry about what anybody but God thinks of me. I am watched over and cared for by the Creator of the universe.

Finally, my absolute favorite passage that reminds me how much I mean to God—John 17:20-26. I won't quote the whole passage here, but I encourage you to look it up and read it. But look at verse 20, where Jesus said, "I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message." This in the garden of Gethsemane, right before Jesus was arrested and crucified. He knew He was about to go to the cross and suffer not only physical agony but the agony of being separated from the Father. Yet in all of that, He took time to pray for you. Think about how worth it you are to Jesus for Him to take the time to pray for you almost 2,000 years before you were even born!

So, any time you feel yourself worrying about something someone said about you or wondering if you're good enough for someone, remember that none of that matters. You are worth it to God. You are valued, loved, and treasured. You have been made worthy through Christ's shed blood on the cross.

Base your worth on God's opinion, not man's.


Comments

Popular Posts